tips to pass the time through the corona virus

Hey guys,

after my last post, where I already mentioned the problematic corona virus, I want to talk about things which might let take your mind off the vicious COVID-19.

I usually use my not-going-outside-time for reading books, watching Netflix, looking at Instagram or Pinterest, and so on.  💮

Here I collected some tips what you could might do not to be bored or worried about your's or your family's health.


***⛭⛭⛭⛭***

First point: books  ❤

Something I could really spend much time with, is reading books, especially fantasy novels. Here are some tips for you, hope you'll like it :)
I won't write a whole review for all these books I present here, but if you wish I could do it separately in another post. Just write it in a comment.


"A court of thorns and roses" - trilogy by Sarah J. Maas


Bildergebnis für a court of thorns and roses


It's one of my favourite trilogy. Although there is already a 4th books, the last one is just a spin-off and because of the not-so-good reviews, I didn't read the 4th part called "a court of frost and starlight".

The protagonist Feyre, a human girl from the mortal realm, has to leave her family to live in Prythian with the feared High-Faes.
Many unexpected turns, although it reminds much of "Beauty and the beast". But anyway, it is really recommendable, if you like fantasy.



*******************



"Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss



Bildergebnis für name of the wind


That's also a fantasy novel which is really recommendable. It's about the famous Kvothe, who is meant to be dead, so the world thinks, and that's the reason why he changed his name. He has an inn called Waystone, but one day, a man appears who is looking for the famous Kvothe. He doubts that he's really dead.
So Kvothe decides to tell him his story, how he became the Kingkiller and begins with his fateful and terrible childhood.
Although it's kind of lenghty, it doesn't get boring because theres so much moral depths that it only ties you up.




***⛭⛭⛭⛭***



Second point: Netflix 

For some variety, Netflix is also an important point for some lonely days at home. So here I got some of my favourites :)



reign

This historical based series takes place in the royal castle of France. Main character Mary Steward, young queen of Scotland, grew up in a monastery for her safety. But now she has to leave it to marry the French prince Francis and has to move to the royal Castle in France.
She already has friends there she knows from her childhood when she visited the castle in the past, but she also seems unwanted for queen Catherine...

So the series starts. It has much action, many unexpected turns, intrigues and a hint of mystery.
I'm at season 3 now, and it doesn't get boring. There are always new hidden secrets and new characters, some you like and some cruel people you'll hate.


*******************


Riverdale

In the opposite of the first series I mentioned, this one takes place in the present, in Riverdale in fact, which's a small town in the USA.

Last year, a mysterious murder caused a lot of trouble in Riverdale. Jason Blossom vanished, but the killer couldn't be caught so far.
It's not a crime, altough a murder is pushed in the fore in the beginning. It's rather about the people in town, also with intriugues and many secrets. The main Characters are mainly young people from High School, for example Jason's twin sister Cheryl, she's a girl which takes much attention to herself. Although she's very sad about her brother's loss, of course.
But there will be so much more stories during the seasons...
You can already watch 4 season on Netflix right now, maybe there will be more in the next few years :)



***⛭⛭⛭⛭***


Third point: Spotify 

Here I only listed some Spotify playlist I recommend :)
I do not write something to these ones separately. Just check it out and listen!



  • Confidence Boost
  • Daily Lift
  • Early Bird
  • Dinner with Friends
  • Fresh & Chill


Hope my little tips have been useful for you. There will be a lot of more time to spend at home, so just make the best of it :)
Stay healthy! ☺

Comments

  1. This is a great list! I've already read a Court of Thorns and Roses, but I also haven't read the last one (not because of bad reviews, but because I didn't have enough time). I hope you stay safe and healthy during this time!

    - Avalon from www.simplyavalon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment!
      Well, until now I'm already fine and healthy.
      Btw, I decided that might read the last book of the series within the next year.
      I hope you stay save and healthy, too!
      Katrin

      Delete

Post a Comment

Write a comment...

popular

All-time favourites #autumn

Beauty Favs #1